To become a member of the SBDC download the Membership & Permission to Post Form below, fill it out and send the forms and payment to our SBDC Office. Memberships are payable to Saskatchewan Beekeepers Development Commission.
Click Check-Off Form 2021 to view and download your 2021 Printable PDF Membership Renewal & Permission to Post Form
Click Check-Off Form 2020 if you are paying your 2020 fees (September 1 2019 to August 31, 2020.
Click Here to Contact a board member or administrator for a 2021 Check off Request for Refund Form.
Membership dues in the Saskatchewan Beekeepers Development Commission are based on the number of colonies you operate.
OPTION A: MANDATORY REGISTRATION (100 or more Colonies)
YOU MUST REMIT A CHECK-OFF FOR OVER 99-COLONY OPERATIONS
Number of colonies operated at July 1, 2019 x $1.60 = PLUS REGISTRATION FEE: $ 40.00
OPTION B: VOLUNTARY REGISTRATION (Less than 100 Colonies)
1. (a) I operated less than 50 Hives (between 1 to 49 colony) as of July 1/2019 and I am registering as a hobbyist for a fee of $80.00, for the fiscal year September 1 to August 31.
**** O R ***
1. (b) I opt to register as a sideliner registering no less than 50 colonies operated as of July 1, 2019 and remit a $1.60 check-off fee per colony (50 to 99 colonies)
Plus REGISTRATION FEE: $ 40.00
**** O R ***
1. (c) I do not keep bees but am interested in supporting the commission and I am registering as an Associate member for the Annual Fee of $80.00.
Membership year runs September 1 to August 31. Current year memberships are due October 15th.
Value of Membership
We offer our members:
- Volunteer Board of Directors dedicated to promoting the beekeeping industry and honeybee health with integrity and leadership
- Your voice is heard in industry, government and associations throughout Canada
- Participation in a Convention with featured seminars, speakers and industry exhibits. The opportunity to network with other stakeholders in the industry
- Field Trips to meet fellow Beekeepers with informative speakers and updates on Board activities
- Reports on Research in honey bee health and hive sustainability that benefit Saskatchewan beekeepers
- Representation at provincial, national and world events promoting Saskatchewan Honey as the best in the world
- Be part of an organization that puts the spotlight on events and developments by beekeepers in their operation
- Updates on information relative to the industry such as Temporary Foreign Workers Program and SAWP. Be part of the Bear Fence Program and Insurance through SCIC
- Receive quarterly newsletters with “whats new” in the Industry and other beekeeping related products and services. Post classified ads in the newsletter and website at no additional cost
- Opportunity to promote your business on our Producers List with products of the hive and other related services